AII companies operating in Nigeria are required to file due annual returns to some government designated bodies and regulatory authorities. These include:
- CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION – ABUJA: – The audited Financial Statements of the company and some other associated documents are required to be filed with the corporate affairs commission-Abuja.
- FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICES: -The audited Financial Statements and annual report of the company are required to be filed with the FIRS for the purpose of computing the company’s tax liability for the year.
- FEDERAL MINISTRY OF INDUSTRIES: – The audited financial statements and a detail listing of the company’s Fixed Assets used in the trade or business of the company for each year are expected to be filed with the Federal Ministry of Industries to enable the company to obtain ACCEPTANCE CERTIFICATE, which enables the company to legally claim the due CAPITAL ALLOWANCES on the Fixed Assets used in the conduct of the company’s trade.
- If the company is in financial services, it may be required to file returns with:
- THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA.
- THE NIGERIA DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION.
- THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION.
- MONTHLY RETURNS TO THE FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE
Our firm is in a position to obtain and file all these mandatory returns to these regulatory authorities on behalf of the company and attend to all such letters and enquiries that may be sent to the company by any of these regulatory authorities.